Although most people have insurance policies that protect their contents while in their home, they don’t generally consider insuring these items while in transit or in storage, believing that the removalist’s insurance will be sufficient.
Ballarat Removals & Storage has insurance, however, the policy is not designed to cover the goods of a third party, unless a full policy document is prepared and accepted by the insurer, and agreed to by the person taking the insurance policy.
As a fully accredited Australian Furniture Removals Association (AFRA) member, under the Financial Services Reform ACT (FSRA), and as an authorised representative of licensed insurance broker – Cowden (VIC) Pty Ltd (AFSL 245658), Ballarat Removals & Storage can assist you to obtain insurance to protect your goods while they are in transit or storage.
Considerations in determining a policy include:
- Type of cover option – full or restricted cover
- Basis of settlement option – replacement or market value
- Type of goods transported – high risk i.e. fragile, breakable, high value items
- Distance to be transported
- Method of transport – road, rail, sea, air
- Packaging, stowing and crating of goods
- Value of consignment
- Excess applicable to the policy
- Extension of cover of policy conditions
- Claims history