Ballarat Removals & Storage has prepared the following list of frequently asked questions to assist you with your relocation. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information.
Prior to Moving Day
When should I book my removalist?
Be sure to book your removalist well in advance. Like most industries, removalists experience peak seasonal demand and can be booked in advance for several weeks.
How long does the relocation generally take?
Relocation time varies according to the amount, location, and size of your furniture; ease of access to the pickup and delivery points; travel distance between those points; and your preparation prior to our arrival. The good news is that we only charge for the time taken to complete your relocation (depot to depot), plus a one-way kilometre rate for relocations outside of a 30km radius from our depot. (Please note, interstate relocations are based on a different pricing system.)
Generally, and based on our experience:
- one-bedroom house – allow two to three hours
- two-bedroom house – allow three to five hours
- three-bedroom house – allow five to seven hours
- four-bedroom house – allow six to eight hours
How much does a relocation cost?
Ballarat Removals & Storage operates competitively without sacrificing service. Local house-lot relocations are generally charged at an hourly rate, depot to depot, with an additional kilometre rate (one-way) for distances outside of a 30km radius from our depot. A different pricing structure applies to single items and smaller relocations, and also to Interstate relocations.
At Ballarat Removals & Storage, because we understand that each relocation may be different, we offer a personal consultation service to individually discuss your specific needs and requirements.
For a tailored quotation, please click to online quote button at the top of this page, and complete the inventory, or contact us on 03 5335 8844 to arrange an in-home visit.
Is there anything that can’t be transported in the truck by my removalist?
For insurance reasons, we cannot transport the following items in the truck:
- Jewellery, watches, passports, important documents, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, collections, prohibited or stolen items, or drugs.
For safety reasons, and in accordance with the Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations, we cannot transport the following items in the truck:
- dangerous, damaging or explosive items including petrol, gas bottles, firearms, paint tins, oils aerosols, and ammunition;
- animals, birds, or fish;
- goods which may cause vermin or other pest infestation to a quarantine-protected area.